Built in 1928 by Franz Pfeifer, the Hotel Mooserkreuz
is known as one of the oldest guest accommodation businesses at the "cradle of alpine skiing".
Already in 1932 the former owner, Paul Behrens from Berlin, built several garages - which can be easily seen on the bill displayed below - there has already been a need for these in 1938.
This document also shows the international aspect of St. Anton - for over 60 years this area is used to being multilingual.
In 1949 Franz Josef Opitz took over the business and expanded it into a hotel.
Throughout the years a symbiosis of old and new has delevoped, together with numerous small and lovely details, which gives the hotel its special cozy-romantic atmosphere.